Welcome to the Weekly Hot Take Roundup (AKA Knasty Knapp’s Spicy Takes); a place where world renowned (his world) opinion-artist Alex Knapp, slings the spiciest of takes down the unsuspecting throats of Fullsass readers. Did you ask for these hot-takes? Does it matter?
- Evan Turner isn’t fitting in, can’t take enough of the offensive load off of Dame and C.J. to positively impact the game.
- Myers Leonard has fallen out of the rotation and should be traded immediately, his trade stock is plummeting by the day
- Dame can’t do it all himself, and unless other guys step up big time (think C.J.’s ascension last season) we will lose more games then last year. FACT
- The sentiment that “Zaza can’t stay on the floor” is overblown and people don’t realize David West is completely washed up.
- They will go on a 10 game win streak as soon as Klay gets out of this 3pt shooting slump. It probably starts next week.
- Lets give JaVale McGee some burn huh? Love that guy.
- Blake Griffin is a fucking beast and when engaged is an overall more impactful/better player than CP3. HOT TAKE!
- J.J. Redick is off to a horrible shooting start (like Klay). Maybe its because he spent too much time on his podcast this off-season.
- This team makes a trade for Rudy Gay and goes to the Western Conference Finals. FREE RUDY!
- If you’ve watched any of their games yet this season, you’ve seen why they won’t win more then 41.5 games (Vegas over/under).
- People need to stop hating on Zach LaZine [editor’s note: Do we?]. He is an athletic freak with a perfect form pull up jumper. Any good coach could make that guy a legit starting Shooting guard in the NBA–which Thibs will do.
- Chris Dunn might be more of an impact than Ricky Rubio RIGHT NOW. Trade Rubio.
- Gordon isn’t a good enough 3pt shooter to play the SF and isn’t able to utilize his athletic advantage (greatest strength) if not guarded by 4’s.
- Elfird Payton STILL can’t hit a 3 pointer to save his life, this makes year 3, move on.
- IF and WHEN they trade Vucevic they will effectively be tanking the season, as he is their only true interior scorer and the only one of their big man who rebounds. I feel bad for Frank Vogul that Rob Hennigan fucked this up so bad. FIRE HENNIGAN!
- This is Dirk’s last year. I can smell it.
- Harrison Barnes is good enough to be the #1 scorer on a okay/bad team and #2 scorer on an okay/good team.
- Deron Williams is playing well right now, and it WILL continue. He’s still got it. This team makes the playoffs.
Alex Knapp is a Portlander who has lived in Brooklyn, New York for the past 7 years. He is a filmmaker and actor currently working in HR to pay the bills. Alex is an avid NBA basketball fan who likely has an opinion on every team and every player, seriously – try him. You can check out his podcast with Anthony Levy, PDXPATS on Itunes.